RESPONSIVE DESIGN PLAYS A SIGNIFICANT ROLE, AFFECTING YOUR BUSINESS
Today a responsive website is a vital tool for businesses. Let’s get a little context on why your web design has to be responsive/must be perfect.
Every PC and internet user keeps buying devices like tablets and smartphones which means that the internet audience is growing each year.
All of those users want to easily access information at any moment wherever they are, and whatever device is in their hands.
In the 21st century time saving is a priority, and consumers, from researching reviews about a product on their mobile device while inside a store, to shopping on their tablets on the couch at home, they want to navigate a brand’s website intuitively, no matter how small or big the screen is.
“Because a lot of customers are accessing websites, the variety of mobile devices, are the fastest growing channel. That’s why responsive web design should be a top priority to any company and #1 online marketing goal.”
(Forbes magazine 2013)
HERE WE’VE COMPILED FEW SUGGESTIONS TO CHECK IF YOUR WEB DESIGN IS RESPONSIVE AND WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
To get some percentage how many visitors access your site from a mobile device, visit Google Analytics. From the left-side menu, click “Audience” and browse the operating systems and devices your web visitors are using to find your site.
Responsive web design serves the same HTML code on the same URL regardless of the users’ device but can render the display differently based on the screen size.
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN:
- – Makes it easier for users to share and link to your content with a single URL.
– Requires no redirection for users to have a device-optimized view, which reduces load time.
– It reduces the possibility of common mistakes that affect mobile sites.
– Requires less engineering time to maintain multiple pages for the same content.
– It makes crawling efficient and helps Google index more of your site’s content and keep it appropriately fresh.
– Check and test your robots.txt in Google Web Master Tools.
– Test your mobile pages with the mobile-friendly test to see if the system detects your website as compatible for mobile users. The main reason for carrying out these steps is to improve the online presence of your business. And the solution is to develop a responsive web design that is “intelligent”, and to make a website that works equally well on every device.